Sunday, March 1, 2009

First Post: Meet the Blogger

For my first post, I thought that I would take just a few minutes to introduce myself and talk about what I envision for this blog.

My name is Erin, and I write literary fiction - mostly short stories, but I am currently doing research for what will be my first novel. I've always wanted to "be" a writer - I wrote stories all throughout my childhood and adolescence, and even majored in creative writing in college - but life got in the way and I stopped writing for a number of years.

We all know there's a difference between wanting to be a writer and actually writing. The desire to write had been gnawing at me the entire time I wasn't writing, and I reached a point where I had to return to writing, and a year or two ago I took up writing again.

Since then, I've joined a writers' workshop group and a write-to-publish group, taken a writing workshop at George Washington University and in January I began the part-time M.A. program in Writing. I've been learning a lot, and I've found some great resources, and I think it would be great to share these; I also think this would be a great place to post about books I'm reading, courses I'm taking and pieces that I'm working on.

I named my blog "Almost Published" because I feel that's where I am right now ... like Almost Famous, but in the literary world. I'd like to be published eventually, but I'm happy to be Almost Published for now, as long as I can keep writing!

I hope you enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment